Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pub/restaurant review: Irish House, Kaiserlautern

The Irish House: cool building outside, a lung health hazard inside.

Irish House
Eselsfurth 11, Kaiserslautern

I don't know if this is an entirely fair review, but I think it's very important for people to know: this pub/restaurant is incredibly smoky inside. I wasn't even able to stay to order anything. I walked in, picked up a menu, but had to leave immediately. My hair instantly smelled as if I rolled it in an ashtray, my eyes were watering, and I could barely breathe. I was disappointed that I wasn't able to try the restaurant. Of course, it is a bar and in the past it was common that smoking was allowed at bars, but I thought that had changed. There are legal loopholes where some bars are able to allow smoking an apparently this bar falls into that category.

I read other reviews that said that the UK-style pub food wasn't bad. There is a biergarten outside, so perhaps the summer months are more bearable because one could sit outside for a beer or some Shepherd's Pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment