Saturday, May 4, 2013

Happenin' Kaiserslautern on a Friday night

My friend popped into town last minute yesterday, so we hung out. We decided that hanging out needed to involve some wine, so we trotted down to Rewe to pick up a bottle.

Apparently Rewe is the happenin' place in town, at least for teenagers it is. There was a pack of them, hanging around the front door, eating takeaway Chinese food. They left a pile of cups from their drinks.

I was a teenager once (it's getting farther and farther away!) but it still flummoxed me a bit that a prime hangout spot would be in front of a grocery store.

However, it then occurred to me that in high school, sometimes we would take a trip to Meijer, a grocery store, and try on the free little nylon footies in the shoe department, wander aimlessly through the store and conclude the evening with a visit to 7-11 for Slurpees.

I guess that teenagers are basically the same everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment