Sunday, May 19, 2013

Happy birthday to me, late: well, I am writing about it late!

I had a nice birthday weekend (um, weeks ago; I'm a bit behind on writing!). My coworker invited me to Heidelberg and we went to Long Night at the Museums, which warrants its own blog entry for the enjoyable evening.

On the day of my actual birthday, I stopped by the Mexican restaurant. Earlier that day, I had a "Mexican breakfast," which wasn't really remotely Mexican, though it was tasty. However, it left me craving some "real" Mexican food, so I went to Papasote, which is as close as it gets around here.

They gave me a free birthday fried ice cream after I had my meal. The server even put a glowing candle on it; how nice, huh? I told him no singing, please. There was no need to embarrass the both of us.

So, here's a hint: if you go somewhere for your birthday, it never hurts to ask if they have something for the birthday person. Often, restaurants do!

Thanks, Papasote, for the birthday treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment