Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Restaurant Review: Pancho Villa, Ramstein


http://www.restaurantpanchovilla.de
Restaurant Pancho Villa
Miesenbacher Straße 45 | 66877 Ramstein


I should just call this place Cantina Mexicana #2, or vice versa, I think. This restaurant is owned by the same folks who own that restaurant so the food and the set-up is quite similar. There are some differences and I think maybe the menu might be slightly different, but it's the same general feel.

Here is my review of Cantina Mexicana. I'm not going to go into huge detail about Pancho Villa since it's so similar. However, here are few details: they accept payment in the form of credit cards, euros, and dollars. It always blows my mind that Americans will even ask if places in Europe take dollars -- dude, it's Europe; get some euros for goodness sake! but this place does take dollars if one just can't bother to assimilate.

The restaurant is located on the edge of Ramstein and has a large (dirt with some puddles) free parking lot.

I had lunch there on a Sunday and ordered a chorizo burrito (that's the part of me that's not mostly vegetarian). It was good and somewhat in line with what's served in Mexican restaurants in the US. I also ordered an enchilada. The cheese they use is a bit strange, but it's not bad either.

My server actually made eye contact with/and or checked all of her tables to see if customers needed anything as she walked through so I was super impressed by that. It's funny because it's a standard thing to do in the US but I haven't found it to be the case in Germany. One almost has to hunt down her server most of the time.

I also had a delicious, large, and free glass of ice water. *swoon* It's the little things, y'know?

Anyway, it's not spot-on for the Mexican food that Americans are accustomed to but it's tasty and the service is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment