Monday, January 5, 2015

Love of office lady (cookies)

C. and I stopped by Tam Asia. She found me as I was perusing my new obsession, sambol oelek. She was giggling wildly and pointed out this delicacy, cookie rolls "love of office lady."

I'm trying to decide if it means that the cookies are loved by office ladies or if eating will prompt one to think about the love one has for office ladies. I would guess that it's the first situation. It reminds me of advertisements where there are celebrity endorsements but in this case, an anonymous office lady is the one endorsing the product.

Or it's just a mistranslation of English. I prefer my imaginings.



1 comment:

  1. The name of this cookie roll has always cracked me up, too! I was interested to read your interpretations of the possible meanings. I always thought perhaps it was named such to suggest that office ladies should bring a box of these to work to share with coworkers as a tangible/edible expression of her love. Anything less than these fancy cookie rolls would be inadequate to express the love of the office lady. I could be totally off, though, perhaps you’re right that these high class cookie rolls are simply enjoyed/endorsed by anonymous classy office ladies!

    ReplyDelete