Monday, April 13, 2015

Das ist ein schönes Bild!

It's that time of the year again! What time is it? you ask. Well, it's the time where I register for German classes at the uni. As is the new norm for me, they will overlap with the Volkshochschule classes and I will learn German four nights a week. I will probably also be a bit worn out and grumpy feeling from the lack of free time, as is also the norm for me.

The uni registration form has a spot where one attaches a photo of oneself. I think that this is ridiculous; so many things require photos in Germany, including resumes (don't even get me started on how wrong and rife for discrimination I think that is), that I feel shouldn't. I'm not interested in having to give a photo to register for a class. It's a pain in the neck to go to a photo booth and shell out six euros for a series of photos.

Instead, I took matters into my own hands: I drew a portrait of myself in the Foto box. It was a smiling stick person me.

Mr. Uni Registerer of DaF Students was amused when I took it to him. "Das ist ein schönes Bild," he remarked.

I replied in Germish: "Danke. Ich bin sehr photogenic."



No comments:

Post a Comment