Sunday, April 19, 2015

My Week: April 19 ed.

-I had German lessons and my weekly tandem meet-up. I still need to speak German more. Wash, rinse, repeat, right?

-I was super busy with preparations for my birthday party. I had 15 people over and it was excellent. Everyone admired the pinata that I made even though it does have a strange shape. It was a mash-up between Tony the Tiger, a rabbit, and then mummified, I guess. Hey, I'm not artistic, so what can I say? We had a ton of fun whacking the pinata outside.

Moo and Tony the Rab-ata
Moo was excited to host what was, to him, essentially a meeting of the Moo Fan Club. He was lavished with attention, used as a pillow when he was sitting on the back of the couch, and used the same friend as a pillow right back. It's awesome to have a cat who loves parties!

We also enjoyed the Most Exciting Cake Ever from co-worker S and delicious cheesecake from co-worker C. The celebrations lasted until 2 a.m. I'm still smiling from the kindness and warmth of my friends. It is truly a wonderful gift to be around people who can make a foreign country feel like home.

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! Glad you had a great time with the Moo Fan Club. Moo sounds like a very sweet cat. If you come across my end-of-month post next week, please don't be offended by my cat report. My husband has had to look after his business partner's horrid beast for the last 2+ weeks, and only as of today we have our lives back. If it were as sweet as Moo, we would have been glad to take care of it.

    That cake looks fabulous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the birthday wishes.

    Moo is super awesome, but I realize that not all cats can reach the same level of his awesomeness so I can understand about a devil cat. ;-)

    ReplyDelete