Monday, December 28, 2015

My week: December 20 ed.

-This was the last week of German classes for a while because of the holidays. At the uni, we had a little party during the last class. Our teacher brought in Glühwein for us, which is best served hot. I was wondering how she was going to do that in our classroom. It was ingenious! She brought a "Wasserkocher," or, an electric tea kettle and used that to heat the Glühwein quickly. What a great idea.

-I visited the Rüdesheim and Bad Münster am Stein-Ebernburg Christmas markets with my friend M. We haven't hung out in since this summer so it was fun to catch up. This was my second year attending the Rüdesheim market and my third time visiting the city. I sent M on a tour of Siegfried's Mechanisches Musikkabinett and since I've already been on the tour before, I wandered through town.

After that, we headed toward Bad Münster, which is near Bad Kreuznach. We ended up making quite a few laps as we tried to find a parking spot for the Christmas market. It made me pine for taking the train! Finally we found a spot and headed over to the Kurpark, where the market was being held. Near the spa, it's a park bordered by buildings. The area was filled with booths and bordered by trees that looked like lit-up orbs with Christmas lights. It was also quite busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment