Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Did you ever wonder about the yarn-bombing culprits?

Germany offers many different social programs, for everyone from children to seniors. In Kaiserslautern, as well as in other cities, there is something called the Mehrgenerationenhaus, which is a community center. Citizens meet there to swing dance, help asylum seekers assimilate with language lessons, share skills, participate in exercise programs with their babies, and do so much more.

A knitting group meets too. I have seen various yarn-bombing "sites" throughout town and always wondered who had been up to that mischief. When I visited the MGH booth at the Stadtteilfest this weekend, I saw a picture of the "culprits."

Aren't they cute? They look very smarmy about their silly act of community graffiti. I hope I'm that cool when I'm their age!

No comments:

Post a Comment